Academic year 2021-2022 is now Closed!
Over the past 17 years the CEF has awarded more than $666,000 to over 455 students. We are building on our success, and we pleased to announce our program for this year.
The number of awarded scholarships will be limited to the following:
- One (1) Platinum level scholarship of $2,000 for the applicant with the top combined scores of essay and GPA.
- One (1) Gold level scholarship of $1,500 for the applicant with the second top combined scores of essay and GPA.
- One (1) Silver level scholarship of $1,250 for the applicant with the top GPA score of students in the sophomore, junior and senior classes.
- One (1) Silver level scholarship of $1,250 for the applicant with the top SAT score of students in the freshman class.
- Twelve (12) Bronze level scholarships up to $1,000 with the top combined scores of essay and either GPA (for sophomores, junior and seniors) or SAT (for freshmen).
- One (1) top university scholarship will be $2,500 for the applicant enrolled in one of the top 20 universities in the United States. This will be awarded once per year. If more than one applicant applies in a given year, the applicant with the highest GPA will be awarded. Additional applicants will be assigned to the general pool of regular scholarships.
*** if we obtain more funds we will extend the bronze level awards ***
- Virtual students’ orientation video conference (On Sunday October 31, 2021, at 12:00 PM EST).
- Deadline for online application is midnight of Monday December 6, 2021.
The establishment of an incentive to excel in academic performance and the pursuit of higher education.
Circassian college students pursuing higher college education.
- Circassian college students registered, as full-time students, in the academic year 2021-2022 in freshman, sophomore, junior and senior college levels.
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university in the USA.
- US citizen or permanent resident. However, international students may be eligible on a case by case basis. The Foundation may award limited scholarships to international Circassian students based upon the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Students who receive, in aggregate, full financial aid or a full scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year from sources other than the CEF will be disqualified. The CEF has the right to ask the student to obtain an official letter from the college or university clarifying their financial status.
This year's Scholarship program deadline (midnight of December 6, 2021) will not be extended and no exceptions will be made. The CEF shall not be responsible for any late submissions that result from the malfunctioning of the CEF website, the CEF scholarship portal, or delays resulting from any other technical or procedural difficulties arising in connection with any application, either caused by the CEF, its agents or any third parties.
PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION WITH ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION.
Each applicant is required to do the following:
- Fill out an online Scholarship application form
Submit an online essay of a minimum of 500 words.
The essay topic must be any one of the following choices:
- Write about a problem that you have or want to solve. This can be something personal, national, or even global. How would you ameliorate it?
- Tell about a contribution you have made or are planning to make to your Circassian community. How did it or will it improve the community?
- Tell about a time where you challenged your pre-existing world view. Why? Would you do this again?
The essays will be scored blindly by the CEF scholarship essay judges. The scores will be ranked. In addition to receiving higher level scholarships, summaries of the proposed projects of the top essays will be presented at the CEF gala in January 2022. Furthermore, the CEF Board of Directors will give serious consideration to the implementation of the top essays as real projects in the future.
An essay less than the 500 words will be automatically disqualified from the scholarship and no exceptions will be made.
*** Upon being awarded – students will be required to email a 2x2 digital picture of the student that will be displayed during the gala. ***
- Mail original documents of test scores from testing organizations (unofficial documents will not be accepted) - Freshman level students must submit official SAT score reports mailed directly from The College Board to the CEF. Sophomore, junior and senior level students must submit official GPA scores mailed directly from the college or university to the CEF (unofficial documents will not be accepted). All official and original documents must be mailed to the Circassian Education Foundation P.O. Box 2276, Wayne, NJ 07470. This requirement applies to all applicants.
- Submit proof of full-time enrollment in an accredited college or university in the USA for the academic year 2021-2022. Official Transcripts from the university or college must be mailed to the Circassian Education Foundation P.O. Box 2276, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- The number of times students can apply for this scholarship is as follows. County college students (normally a 2-year college) are limited to three (3) years (i.e., three (3) attempts); and four-year college students are limited to five (5) years (i.e., five (5) attempts).
- Incomplete applications will be ineligible. If all the above items are not met, your application will be incomplete and thus ineligible for a scholarship (i.e., you will not receive a scholarship). EXCEPT FOR THE SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED HEREIN, APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE REVISED, AMENDED OR SUPPLEMENTED PAST THE December 6, 2021 DEADLINE.
- On Sunday, October 31, 2021, at 12:00 PM EST the CEF will hold a Virtual scholarship orientation meeting for all applicants. ALL SUCH APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND; FAILURE TO ATTEND WILL DISQUALIFY STUDENTS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP AND NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR ANY REASON.
- Each scholarship recipient is required to sell at least 2 admission tickets for the scholarship awards gala. Tickets can be obtained from Board members.
*** Failure to comply with and meet any of the above requirements will disqualify you from receiving a scholarship for this year and no exceptions will be made for any reason. ***
Scholarship Awards Gala
The annual scholarship awards gala will be held at the
At the event, the scholarship awards will be announced. Each winner will receive an acknowledgment certificate from the CEF and a check in the amount of the award. The scholarship award will be payable to the college or university in which the student is registered.
Scholarship winners must attend the scholarship award gala. Failure to purchase the online scholarship award gala and ceremony will result in forfeiture of scholarship.
The CEF is a nonprofit tax-exempt organization. Donations may be tax deductible. Donations of any amount are encouraged.
The online scholarship application deadline is December 6, 2021. All applicants must provide all supporting original and official documents (i.e., proof of enrollment, transcripts and SAT score reports) to the CEF's P.O. Box or by hand delivery to one of the Directors no later than December 6, 2021, otherwise you will be disqualified from this year’s scholarship program. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS if you, your college/university or The College Board delivers these documents after the deadline date of December 6, 2021. We strongly suggest that you continually check with your college or university and CEF emails that there are not missing documents for your chances in obtaining a scholarship this year.